Back to Previous Page
Camp Oak Openings
Above areexcerpts from the brochure advertising Camp Oak Openings for the season of1934. The camp, for young ladies, existed from the 1920's until afterWorld War II along the Kalamazoo River, just off the Old Dug Road,a site previously occupied by Slumber Bluff Resort and now the home of PineTrail Camp. Horseback riding was an important part of the campís activities,watched over by an old Germanyarmy cavalry officer. The finer points were not overlooked and local boys tellabout climbing trees to spy on the formal Sunday dinners whichfeatured not only candlelight, but white gloves.