Back to Previous Page

History Lives Here Text

House’s Fruit Stand

 

Clayton Van Leeuwengot $1 for his innovative marketing plan used at the House fruit stand on thenewly- opened Blue Star Highway.This article was published in the October 1939 issue of American Fruit Grower.

 

House's fruit stand was located just southof the north entrance to Saugatuck near the Y with Holland Street. The remaining lowbuilding has been occupied most recently by Andy's Antiques.

 

Donated to the Historical Society by Marlene(Van Leeuwen) Higgins.