SOLUTION: This was the south pierhead light from 1876 - 1892. When it was rammed by the steamer Charles McVea, the tower was damaged and the fresnel lens moved back to the top of the 1859 lighthouse.

Click  VIEW ALL  to see all the History Mystery solutions to date

Click HERE   to return to this week's History Mystery

Click HERE   to return to the Saugatuck-Douglas Historical Society Homepage