wk40sol.jpg (51764 bytes)
SOLUTION: In 1894, a catwalk was installed so that the light - mounted on cart that rolled on steel rails - could be serviced without going to the pierhead. The system was removed in 1900.

Click  VIEW ALL  to see all the History Mystery solutions to date

Click HERE   to return to this week's History Mystery

Click HERE   to return to the Saugatuck-Douglas Historical Society Homepage