SOLUTION: The pier head has always had a light to aid navigation into the river mouth. Ca 1914, Lighthouse Keeper George Sheridan is maintaining the pier head light built in 1906. Click on the image above for an article on construction of the pier head light from the November 30, 1906 Commercial Record.

Click  VIEW ALL  to see all the History Mystery solutions to date

Click HERE   to return to this week's History Mystery

Click HERE   to return to the Saugatuck-Douglas Historical Society Homepage