SOLUTION: The new river channel and piers were completed in 1906. By the mid 1930s, the wooden piers were replaced with reinforced concrete as seen here in 1938.

Click  VIEW ALL  to see all the History Mystery solutions to date

Click HERE   to return to this week's History Mystery

Click HERE   to return to the Saugatuck-Douglas Historical Society Homepage