wk02sol.jpg (83428 bytes)
SOLUTION: Wreckage of the 1859 lighthouse after being struck by a tornado in April 1956. The owner, Arthur Deam, can be seen picking through the debris. About five years later, the present cottage was built on the old lighthouse site (just north of Oval Beach).

Click on VIEW ALL   to see all the History Mystery solutions to date

Click HERE   to return to this week's History Mystery

Click HERE   to return to the Saugatuck-Douglas Historical Society Homepage